The paint has finally dried and the cubbies are tucked nicely under the "bar" area between our kitchen and living room that was previously never used. I have a hunch though, that now this area of our living room will be used constantly! I'm loving all the storage space and can't wait to fill it. (I'm just waiting for Target to get more of those canvas bins in!)
Wednesday, January 26, 2011
At Long Last!
Have you ever started a project and halfway through you began to feel like it would never be done? Well, our latest project was definitely one of those! You see, with the arrival of Andrew's birthday and Christmas all within a short amount of time, Jeremy and I both quickly realized that we were in need of a major storage solution. Cubbies seemed like the most practical option. I found these fantastic ones here, but they were much more than either of us was willing to pay. So...we decided to tackle the project ourselves. It seemed like a simple project, and actually it was, but just a little time consuming. For the past couple weeks we've made several phone calls to my Dad for advice, sketched out our plan, gathered supplies, cut, nailed, and glued wood, and of course...painted! Our house has been in a bit of an upheaval, but the end result has definitely proved to be worth it. We ended up with a piece that is tailored perfectly for the location we wanted to put it, but has the flexibility to be used in another spot if we ever move. I'm not even going to attempt a step-by-step explanation of what we did, but here are a few pictures.





The paint has finally dried and the cubbies are tucked nicely under the "bar" area between our kitchen and living room that was previously never used. I have a hunch though, that now this area of our living room will be used constantly! I'm loving all the storage space and can't wait to fill it. (I'm just waiting for Target to get more of those canvas bins in!)
The paint has finally dried and the cubbies are tucked nicely under the "bar" area between our kitchen and living room that was previously never used. I have a hunch though, that now this area of our living room will be used constantly! I'm loving all the storage space and can't wait to fill it. (I'm just waiting for Target to get more of those canvas bins in!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment