We've recently joined a home group from our church that meets every other week to fellowship and study together. This week we are in charge of snacks so I pulled out an old family favorite...tandy cakes. These are such easy treats to make and so yummy. Give them a try next time you're in the mood for something sweet!

Here are the ingredients: 4 eggs, vanilla, milk, sugar, flour, baking powder, salt, peanut butter, and
milk chocolate chips.
To make the cake: beat the eggs until they're fluffy, then add the rest of the ingredients (except peanut butter and chocolate chips) alternating wet and dry. Do not overbeat...the batter will be pretty runny. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. Oops! No picture for this step!

After the cake is baked (while it's still hot), spread the peanut butter on top until it's to your desired thickness. Chill in the fridge until the PB sets.

Then, melt the chocolate chips (or chocolate bar if you prefer) and spread that on top the the PB layer. Chill until the chocolate sets, then serve! This recipe is intended to be made in a jelly-roll pan, but I always make a mess when I use mine. Using this 9x13 changes the cake to PB and chocolate ratio, but I don't mind.
.
.
NOTE: Why is it that my mom is always right? Last time I made this recipe I wanted to make it in a 9x13, but she told me it wouldn't be as good so I dealt with the mess. This time, I didn't listen...and she was right. While the flavor was still good, there was definitely too much cake. So, lesson learned...make this in a jelly roll pan...and listen to your mother!
.
.
Tandy Cakes
4 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
1 c. milk
2 c. sugar
2 c. flour
2 tsp. baking powder
pinch of salt
peanut butter
2 c. milk chocolate chips (or two 8 oz. chocolate bars)
Dad asked how much I paid you to write those comments.....music to my ears!!! Love you, Mom
ReplyDelete