Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Growth

As some of you know, I have big plans for a couple of raised-bed vegetable gardens. However, due to our lack of desire to build them in the insane summer heat we had this year and some other recent distractions, we've yet to get them built. (Something we hope to remedy in the next few weeks!) Knowing that I wouldn't be able to grow any fall crops in them this year I had to find a way to cure my gardening itch...so, I got creative with what we have. Below are a few pictures of the progress my little sugar snap peas and green beans have made. I never fail to be amazed as I watch vegetables grow. (I've even been known to take a daily count of the fruit being produced.)


Our sugar snap peas just a few short weeks ago!


This is what they look like today. I did have them on the porch so they could climb the post, but they weren't getting enough sun. I moved them out by the fence and I swear they've grown a foot in a week!


The beginning of a few blossoms! I'm hoping we get some peas before we're hit by frost.


Green beans just days after planting the seeds.


They've completely taken over my shepherd's hook! It's so fun to watch them climb higher and higher every day.


There are tons of these little blossoms all over!

I'm still so excited to get our raised beds built so we're all ready to plant in the spring. Hopefully I'll have some pictures of our project to share soon!

1 comment:

  1. Well it looks like you've been very busy making postings since I left. I love the new Fall wallpaper. I predict you're going to have a nice little vegetable crop before frost.

    ReplyDelete