Saturday, July 9, 2011

Let The Countdown Begin!

Well, Friday we reached the 38 week mark...which means we have just a little less than 2 weeks until this new little one is predicted to arrive! We've been staying close to home and filling our days with projects in preparation of her appearance. We've been sewing, painting, and doing just a little shopping too. Here is a little sneak peak of a few things we'll be using in the coming weeks...

This is the fabulous crib that was given to us by some very kind friends of ours. A little sanding and a couple coats of paint (mostly done by my wonderful husband) and it's ready for a new baby to enjoy. We're SO thankful that Andrew doesn't have to give up his crib!

I've never really considered myself a fru-fru girl, but these little bows and "brain squeezers" (as Nana calls them) are hard to pass up.

This is a little taggie blanket that I thought I'd give a shot at making. I think it turned out pretty well.

Okay, so these won't be used for quite a while yet, but here are a couple little hats I learned to crochet thanks to the help of my mom and my sweet friend Bruna.

Here are a bunch of burp cloths that I made this week. We were given a bunch of these when Andrew was born and they were such a great thing to have. I had fun picking out fun fabrics and making them for our little girl!

Well, here come the frills again. After seeing a tutorial online about making some ruffle onesies I just had to give it a try. It was so easy and a fun way to jazz up a plain white onesie.

Finally, here are the curtains that Jeremy hung for me last night. I purchased the pink panels and took the suggestion of my friend Liz and embellished them a little. I just added the "valance" and tassle fringe. (Sorry for the poor picture quality...I had trouble getting a true representation of the colors)

Here's a closer up shot of the valance pattern. Once again, the colors aren't really so neon...the green in the fabric actually blends nicely with the green on our walls.

No comments:

Post a Comment