

We ended up having a fabulous strawberry crop and enjoyed all kinds of treats like strawberry shortcake, lemonberry slushies, and of course plain old strawberries and ice cream. I even made my first attempt at homemade strawberry jelly! We now have quite a few jars in the freezer and plenty of additional frozen strawberries stashed away to make another batch when we need it.

We also recently harvested our carrots and some onions. It was such a treat to be able to throw these in with a roast and some potatoes and have a yummy dinner...half of which came from our own backyard!
Here are the most recent pictures of our garden...

As you can see, our tomatoes are really taking off and I am SO excited! They're getting so tall that we even had to go pick up another trellis to help support them.

We have about 5 or 6 different varieties (mostly cherry sized) and we can't wait to snack on them through the rest of the summer. They've started ripening over the past week and it's been so fun to sample a few here and there.

Jeremy's been enjoying the peppers on his food lately. Pizza, quesadillas, you name it...he finds a way to incorporate these hot little things.
Other than that I've also been able to freeze sugar snap peas, and green beans! I couldn't be more happy with how this garden venture has turned out and we're just now half-way through the season. Along with our tomatoes and peppers, we now have cucumbers, zucchini and our second round of green beans popping up! I think I'd declare this little project a success!

No comments:
Post a Comment