Thursday, May 5, 2011

Reaping the Harvest

We have been enjoying quite a bit of homegrown lettuce and spinach at our house lately. In fact, just last week I pulled out the remaining 7 heads of romaine and what was left of our first round of spinach...now we're gearing up for round two! Per Kate's request, I took a few pictures before I pulled them out...









We're having so much fun watching our garden grow! I finally found a few sugar snap peas on the vine yesterday and there are plenty more blossoms so we're looking forward to feasting on those soon. I have to say though, that I'm most excited to enjoy some of the sweet strawberries from our patch! I took these pictures last week and since then we've been able to sample a few, but I can't wait until they're at the height of their season. I'm already trying to figure out where I can plant more so that we have an even larger crop next year!





2 comments:

  1. Yea!!! I'm excited to see you reaping the benefits so soon. Andrew is going to love helping himself to those berries!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, he actually already picked one...his new absolute favorite thing is to be outside and we have a hard time keeping him out of them.

    ReplyDelete