
and this...

and these...



You see, there are changes that need to be made to our nursery to accomodate this new little one...especially since we found out she's a GIRL! I think these decals would be a simple way to make the room look a bit more feminine...even without painting our blue walls.
I haven't only been shopping for room decor. These websites suck you in and before you know it, you've wasted much more time than you intended looking at the plethora of products they have. Have you ever noticed that there are SO many more cute things available for little girls? I mean, I had fun shopping and planning for Andrew, but this is a whole other ball game. The ideas and options are endless! Here are some of the sweet little things I saw online. Several of these things are beyond the scope of my abilities, but many of the items I found will be easy for me to recreate myself.

These burp cloths and blanket will be so easy to make.

I can't wait to shop for fabric!


I may have to try to teach myself how to crochet in the next few months!

These sweet little shoes may not be practical, but they sure would be cute on a Sunday morning!
Well, that's a peek into what I've been spending my free time on lately. Thankfully the 20+ inches of snow we got recently has given me ample opportunity to look. Hopefully as the the snow continues to melt I'll get back into our routine and get some things accomplished around here...spring is just around the corner and there's a lot of work to be done!

How exciting Laura!! I loved the idea of having a tree in E's nursery also, but after seeing the $150+ price of the wall decals, I decided to paint her tree myself. John brought home a projector and I traced it on the wall and painted. I think it turned out really well.
ReplyDeleteThat's a great idea Nina...although I'm sure your painting skills are much better than mine. I'm not a big fan of the big price-tag on those trees either though so I'm either going to have to do some major bargain hunting or go with the much more economical option of the damask print. We'll have to see what I can find...thankfully I have a while to work on it!
ReplyDeleteTrust me, I don't have painting skills at all! You just trace the outline and from there it's just like a big coloring book. Hannah and Amanda even helped, it's that easy! :)
ReplyDeleteLaura, this is cousin Sarah. I've been stalking your blog for awhile now, and enjoying it! Wanted to let you know that i've seen these on Amazon for a lot cheaper.
ReplyDeletePS: So happy you are having a GIRL!
Sarah-I'm so glad you're enjoying the blog. I'm not as faithful about keeping it updated as I'd like, but it's fun. Thank you for the tip...I'll have to shop around and see what they have. We LOVE amazon!
ReplyDelete