Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Tortilla Tuesday


Anyone hungry? I was working in the kitchen today, making some food for an upcoming Norton get-together, and thought I'd share this easy little recipe for Cheesy Chicken Enchiladas! My favorite thing about this recipe is that they can be made ahead and thrown in the freezer until the day you want to make them. You could even just pull out one or two at a time if you need a last minute meal! I made a big batch today...30 enchiladas in all, but normally I just make a single batch which yields about 6 or 7 enchiladas, just enough for Jeremy and I with some left-overs.

Cheesy Chicken Enchiladas

4 oz. cream cheese, softened
1/4 c. sour cream
2 c. shredded cheddar cheese
2 c. cooked chicken, diced
1 c. frozen corn kernels
1/2 tsp. cumin
1/4 tsp. dried oregano
1/4 tsp. cayenne
1/4 c. diced onion
salt and pepper to taste

Mix the cream cheese and sour cream until there are no lumps, add seasonings. Combine the cheese mixture with the chicken, cheddar cheese, corn, and onion. Spread a couple spoonfuls onto a tortilla and roll. Bake immediately in a lightly greased dish at 325 degrees for 20-30 minutes or store in freezer bags to freeze. (I usually also top them with a little shredded cheese when I bake them.) Enjoy!

Here's what my little helper was doing while I was working...

2 comments:

  1. Yummy! Looks like you had good help! :)
    Happy Birthday, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE it when you can freeze stuff and then bake/cook it at your leisure! Thanks for sharing! I will probably be trying this out soon!

    ReplyDelete