Monday, April 11, 2011

This and That

I believe that title accurately describes what we've been up to lately. With the arrival of spring we've been keeping busy with lots of little things and a few bigger projects mixed in. We celebrated Jeremy's birthday, planted more seeds in our garden, planted a new tree out front, painted our new nursery/guest room, and finally had the outside of our house painted and gutters installed...a project we've been talking about doing for a couple years now! In the midst of all that we also have enjoyed fitting in some time to play games with some new friends. I've been terrible about taking pictures lately (something I plan to remedy now that the weather's nice), but here are a few I took of our recent work.


After much consideration, we decided to spare Andrew the trauma of switching rooms and giving up his crib. Instead we painted our guest room turned nursery a fresh green color. Now all we need are a few finishing touches and a crib!


Here are some updated pictures of our garden. These are our sugar snap peas and just a few days ago I was able to plant green beans. After just a couple of warm days they're already popping up!


Here you can see how our lettuce and spinach are really taking off. We also have onions and carrots in this bed and recently I planted a few tomatoes and peppers.


We've been so excited to watch our strawberry patch take off in the past couple weeks. There are too many blooms to count and we're already planning all the yummy things we can do with them this summer.


Something about having a child makes me feel a bit more festive for each holiday. This year we decided to make an Easter tree. It was a fun and cheap project that brings a bit of whimsy into the house.

Of course no post is complete without a picture of our little man. One of his new favorite activities is to sit in our big chair like a "big boy" and watch a favorite show...usually Thomas the Train. Here he is after a quick trip to the park on a brisk day to hunt sticks for our Easter tree. Clearly the adventure wore him out!

No comments:

Post a Comment